- Catherine Arevalo
Diabetes – Types, Diagnosis, and Management
Diabetes is a severe condition that impairs the ability of the body, making it weak to process blood glucose, due to the corresponding fact, it is known as blood sugar. People suffering from Diabetes endure the condition in which blood glucose, or blood sugar, levels become too high. Glucose comes from the intake of foods you eat. It is an important part of one’s diet, processing of energy throughout the body highly depends on the glucose intake. Insulin is a hormone that plays a vital role to infuse the glucose into your cells to give them energy. With type 1 diabetes, your body is unable to make insulin.
The Types of Diabetes
Type I diabetes: Also commonly refers to as juvenile diabetes, the preliminary stage. A person encounters this type of Diabetes when the body fails to produce Insulin, the hormone which helps in fusion of energy through processing of glucose. People with type I diabetes are dependent on Insulin intake, as their body is unable to produce it. T they must take artificial insulin daily to stay alive and live a normal life.
Type 2 diabetes: Type 2 Diabetes affects the way the body utilizes and uses insulin. In this type of Diabetes, the body makes Insulin. Unlike in type I, while the body still makes insulin, the cells in the body are not responsive enough to it as effectively as they once used to process. This is the most common type of diabetes that prevails among most of the population of the world. It is evident that Type 2 Diabetes is linked with Obesity, another mal-functioning. The type 2 diabetes is the more common type that occurs in most of the people, body is unable to make or use insulin very well. Without enough utilization of insulin, the glucose remains in your blood. You can also have pre diabetes. This means that your blood sugar is more than normal but not higher enough to be referred as diabetes. Having pre-diabetes places you at a higher risk of getting type- 2 Diabetes.
Gestational diabetes: The type which occurs more often in women during the span of pregnancy. Within a certain time, the body can become less sensitive to Insulin. However, it usually resolves after giving birth, and Gestational diabetes does not occur in all women.
Without cautious, careful management, Diabetes can escort to a proliferation of sugars in the blood. Unquestionably, the build-up of blood sugars can elevate the risk of dangerous complications, including stroke and various heart diseases .Different kinds of diabetes can occur, and carefully managing the condition depends on the type of Diabetes. Not all forms of diabetes plunge from a person being overweight or leading an inactive or inadequate lifestyle. In fact, some inherit since their childhood.
By the passage of time, having higher amount of glucose than the normal levels in your blood can cause alarming and serious problems. It can cause damage to your eyes, kidneys, and the nerves. Diabetes can also trigger heart disease, stroke and even the exigency to remove a limb. The pregnant women are also prone to get diabetes, previously stated “the gestational diabetes.”
However, Diabetes and pre-diabetes can be diagnosed. Blood tests can reveal if you have diabetes. One type of test, the A1C, can also validate on how you are managing your diabetes. Daily Exercise, weight control and persisting with your diet plan can help control your diabetes. You should also monitor your blood glucose level time-to-time and take medicine when prescribed.
Manage your diabetes in healthy ways
Feeling distressed, downcast, or angry is common when you live with diabetes. Stress always has the potential to increase your blood glucose levels, but you can manage to lower your stress intensity. Try deep breathing, taking a walk, meditating and Yoga, or spending time doing your favorite hobby. Teach yourself the techniques for managing stress.
Below we are come with the healthiest ways to manage and control the diabetes:
· Food choices, it has to be healthy always. Consult your doctor, and he/she would guide you better according to the types of the diabetes you suffer. Healthy food pickups would not just help you to reduce the severity of the diabetes but will also plunges the complications and associated diseases levels.
· You have to check the blood sugar level at least twice in a week to get an exact idea on how you have to remain cautious.
· Exercising and yoga bring very positive impact on disease, firstly, you will shed extra pounds then your body will be enhanced to burn carbs and calories to surge the energy level – both are effective against diabetes, so keep moving.
· Have a proper 8-10 hours sleep. Research has revealed that people who sleep less for many reasons, actually eat more that can be very problematic with diabetes case so make sure to catch proper night sleep and some nap after lunch.
· Diabetic patients have to make and follow schedule whether it is an office or home routine, you are restricted to follow it, and if you fail, you would possibly lose to manage anxiety. We would suggest you to make a flexible schedule in which you can pay your heed to your work, family and most importantly to yourself!
· Another healthy tip is to find ways to stay happy!
Diabetes is a life-changing condition that makes painstaking blood sugar management indispensable and demands a healthy lifestyle for a person to be able to manage it correctly. There are several different types of the disease. Type I occurs when the body does not produce the hormone known as insulin. Type 2 happens when excess consumption of high-sugar foods clots in blood and reduce the effectiveness of insulin.
People can take supplementary insulin to manage the condition and improve glucose absorption. If a person has pre-diabetes, they can reduce the risk of full diabetes through regular exercise and a balanced, low-sugar diet.
The complications of diabetes can be alarming, including kidney failure and stroke, so managing the condition is highly important. Anyone who suspects they may have diabetes should fix prompt appointments with their doctor.